Monday, June 23, 2008

The Short List

Took my sister and brother-in-law to the Rock Hall today. They had never been before. Despite the misappropriation of the institution of rock (and I feel like I'm misappropriating it myself by referring to it as an "institution"), I do enjoy visiting the "House that Rock Built" up on the lake. I was looking through the list of inductees since the Rock Hall began taking names in 1986 and was surprised by how few I've actually seen in concert over the years. Although I love a lot of the bands that aren't on my show list, I'm sure as the years continue to creep by and more and more of the artists that are more of my generation reach that quarter century mark since their first release, the number of artists in the Hall that I have seen live will steadily climb. In the meantime, here is my rather embarrassing short list (followed by the year they were inducted):

No comments: