First up, I am going to be on the “How to Get Published” panel at the Pittsburgh Comicon Saturday, April 24! I attended this con as a fan last year in September and was able to give a copy of Deus ex Comica to Stan Lee, now this year I will be on a panel with John Booth and Paul Anderson. I don’t have details on what time my panel will be yet, but will add that to the “2010 Author Appearances” schedule on the blog and will certainly be tweeting about it as soon as I know.
I am also going to be at the Summit City Comic Con in Fort Wayne, Indiana, on May 22! This single-day show is being put on by my friend Zack Kruse and the great folks from DCBS. I’m very excited to be a part of this event and have an opportunity to see a lot of my Midwest-based friends in the process.
On the more immediate horizon, and after the success of my author visit at the Learned Owl in Hudson in mid-February, I’m now looking forward to reading at the Northwest Akron Branch of the Akron-Summit County Public Library Thursday, March 04 (time and details below). If you’re in Northeast Ohio, please feel free to stop in, listen to some readings from Deus ex Comica, take part in the conversation afterward or just say “hello!”
So I am still on-track with my goal to average no less than one book-related event per month in 2010 and there's more to come!
- March 04, 6.30pm-7.30pm: Northwest Akron Branch (ASCPL), 1720 Shatto Avenue, Akron (330.836.1081)
- April 24, TBD: "How to Get Published", Pittsburgh Comicon, Monroeville Convention Center, 209 Mall Boulevard, Monroeville, Pennsylvania
- April 29, 7pm-8pm: Nordonia Hills Branch (ASCPL), 9458 Old Eight Road, Northfield (330.467.8595)
- May 01 (Free Comic Book Day!), TBD: Comic Heaven, 4847 Robinhood, Willoughby (440.942.6960)
- May 22, 10am-6pm: Summit City Comic Con, The Grand Wayne Center, 120 West Jefferson Boulevard, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- June 27, 10am-4pm: Akron-Canton Con, Chapparells Community Center, 2418 S. Arlington Road, Akron
- July 10, 2pm-3pm: Firestone Park Branch (ASCPL), 1486 Aster Avenue, Akron (330.724.2126)