Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Losers v. The A-Team

I am, without a doubt, a child of the ’80s. I have an appreciation for most all of the pop culture touchstones of that ten-year stretch, even the ones I didn’t necessarily care for at the time.

Despite never having been a fan of The A-Team, I would typically still be open to the movie reimage coming out this year, but I am much more excited about the movie adaptation of The Losers. I just read volumes one and two a couple of weeks ago, and the premise struck me as similar to that of The A-Team: An Army Special Forces group/CIA black ops team is forced underground by a government they trusted while serving the country they love. I don’t see a lot of movies in the theater these days, but if pushed to choose between the two, I’d most certainly pick comic book goodness over the tug of Regan Era nostalgia.


No comments: