Monday, October 20, 2008

Yelling Idols

I attended my first mid-sized con this weekend, the Screaming Tiki Comic and Pop Culture Convention in Northeast Ohio, and I had a blast! I had a chance to chat with Ron Frenz briefly about the future of Spider-Girl (keep the faith!) and Gary Friedrich about the creation of Ghost Rider. I also had a very cool conversation with Marc Sumerak about all-ages comics, and talked with Bryan J.L. Glass about his Mice Templar and Quixote projects with Michael Avon Oeming. I discovered Jeremiah Witkowski's You, Me + Steve webcomic and Jay Brant's Heads Up Studios art. I also found great deals on gifts for the kiddo and the ubiquitous 50% off trade paperbacks and hardcover collections for me! Good stuff from a good day at the con. Check out the full story with links and all, along with John's write-up and pictures we both shot, over at Field's Edge.

2 comments:

El Dave said...

Speaking of mid-sized conventions, I hear there's one in Chicago this weekend. Are you going?

AB said...

Man, I wish I could, but it's not happening this year. Chicago is a great weekender trip for us, so I'll get to a Chi-con at some point. Meantime, have fun!