Monday, February 9, 2009

G.I. Joe-splosion!

I loved the G.I. Joe comic book and toy line in the early ’80s. I actually devote an entire chapter of my upcoming book, Deus ex Comica: The Rebirth of a Comic Book Fan, to the franchise! I’m also a fan of Hasbro’s current Mighty Muggs toy line. I have a bunch of the Marvel Mighty Muggs and the kiddo has a bunch of the Star Wars ones, but Hasbro just started releasing G.I. Joe versions and I couldn’t be happier. I could take or leave the Mighty Mugg of Duke, but there was no way I could pass up Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, and Cobra Commander. The packaging layout is pretty standard across the Mighty Muggs line, but what I love about the G.I. Joe Mighty Mugg boxes in particular is the image on the side of the box: It’s a throwback to the original “explosion” G.I. Joe packaging of the ‘80s! Great stuff and a cool nod to the old schoolers. The only thing that could have made these even more awesome... white-dot outlined dossiers on the back of the packaging!

No comments: